From the kitchen of Katherine J. T. Humphrey . . . adapted from Taste of Home Heartwarming Soups, 2010, p. 17, Lisa Mast, White Cloud, Michigan
We now have a recipe Plugin on the web site. Since my sum total of recipe knowledge consists of spaghetti, I am going to leave it to the cooks to determine if this tool is any good. But you can see the posts we have created on Page 2 of the newsletter.
In this early post, I created a new post and wrote an introduction saying the recipe came from Katherine. Then I clicked on the knife and fork next to “Add media” and added the recipe. Finally I selected a Category from the list of recipe categories. Below are some more detailed direction.
This plugin comes from ziplist.com, which is a website that allows you to save recipes and create shopping lists. Readers can collect their recipes at ziplist from many websites.
Basic instructions for adding recipes to Springwater Trails:
- Create a login to springwatertrails.org.
- Contact me, and I will make you a contributor
- Login at springwatertrails.org. (upper right corner)
- Click on + New -> Post a new post.
- Enter a title for the post. This is the title of the recipe.
- Select a category for this recipe. Look under categories on the right side.
- Click on the knife and fork.
- Add your recipe.
- Click on Save Recipe.
- Click on Save Draft on the right side under Publish. When it is saved, click on Preview to see how it looks.
- You can add text above and below the recipe, which will show up on the website, but won’t get saved at the ziplist recipe box.
- Click on publish for your post. (If you don’t have a Publish button, then click on the button that schedules your post for review and publishing. Then send me an email and I will check it and publish it. This is a way for us to find problems before it is published).
- Check the Page 2 of the newsletter for your recipe.