It is easy to check this website for information about the Sunday hike. Usually, the hike for next Sunday will appear as the first story on the home page. Some weeks our hike planner is busy and doesn’t post details until later in the week, so if you don’t see the hike on Monday, please check back later in the week. Also, check the calendar on the right hand side of the page, for events that are coming up.
If you prefer a weekly reminder, you are invited to join our mailing list. Most weeks you will receive a single email in the latter part of the week, with the full description of the hike and instructions for the drive to the hike meet point. Here are instructions for joining our mailing list.
- Browse to Google Groups. If you have a Google account, make sure you are signed in. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one, using your current personal email address, or a new gmail address. Once you have a Google account, remember to browse to Google Groups.
- In the search box near the top of the page, enter Springwater Trails, and press the search button.
- Click on Apply for membership.
- In the box labeled “How did you learn about the Springwater Trails Organization”, please respond in a way that we will know you are a human interested in our hikes. You don’t have to promise to hike every Sunday, but that would be a good New Years Resolution!
- Click on the Apply to join this group button.
That’s it. It may take a few days for us to approve your membership, but it is important to us. If you think it is taking too long, a friendly reminder email to email@example.com will speed things up. Thank you for your interest.
Once again Bill Cooke and Pam Masterson have invited us to Vermont for some camping and hiking; the dates are 20th – 24th August 2018 – that’s a Monday through Thursday. Bill and Pam will organize hikes on the Tuesday and Wednesday – though everyone is free to hike separately, kayak on the nearby lake, and spend as little and as much time in Vermont as they want to.
The Camel’s Hump hike is fairly hard, and it is suggested that only those who are toughened up by regular hiking should attempt it. Bill is asking for advance sign-up for this hike.
The camp site we have chosen is the Little River State Park. This is a very popular park, and if you plan to come and you haven’t already arranged lodging then you should book something as soon as you can. Please get as close to the balsam lean-to as you can; we already have the Elm and Balsam lean-to’s booked. A lean-to is allowed 2 additional tents.
Please bring as much food and drink as you need. We’ll be arranging some communal meals but everyone will be asked to contribute to the cause.
This is still early days as far as planning goes. I’ll fill out with more information as things develop. It will help us in our planning if we know who is coming; there is a sign-up sheet here – please use it to let us know if you plan to come.
Wish I had a photo to capture the hygge (Danish for coziness) of tonight’s gathering. John and Sue provided the comfort of their gorgeous home. We enjoyed a perfect variety of nutritious and delicious foods. The music was lively and eclectic (Don’t Jump Off the Roof Dad). Most of all, old friends got to relax and chat. Thank you all, for an invigorating hike and a lovely evening., especially to John for orchestrating it all.