- 5 cups oats (old fashioned, not the quick cooking kind),
- 2 Cups nuts/seeds of your choice,
- 2/3 cup oil ( I like to use olive oil),
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon,
- 1 tsp of nutmeg,
- 2 teaspoons of ginger,
- 2/3 cup of honey or maple syrup,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and
- 1 cup of dried fruit or other additions you like.
- In a bowl combine the oats and nuts/seeds.
- Add in seasonings and mix well.
- Pour in oil, honey (or maple syrup) and vanilla and mix well again.
- Spread out on two baking sheets and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes,
- take out and turn with a spatula every 10 minutes to make sure all pieces bake evenly.
- Add in dried fruit the last 20 minutes of baking.
- I soak the dried fruit in some boiling water before I put them in - I like them plumbed up.
The granola smells yummy and you can customize it to your own taste. I add a double portion of ginger. Any dried fruit can be used and any nuts. Baked unsalted almonds are wonderful.
Â©2013 Springwater Trails